The Clerk's Office processes passports Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm. Here are printable brochures with information on what is required to apply for or renew a passport at the Clerk's Office: English and Spanish
You must bring the following original items with you in order to have your passport successfully processed:
Proof of American Citizenship:
- Certified Birth Certificate (that must include name of parent(s)
- Previous passport ( if applicable)
- Naturalization Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate
- Valid US drivers license (If your drivers license is not from NJ you must have a second form of identification)
- School ID with Photo
- Military ID
- Government Parents ID in lieu of ID for minors
Color Passport Photo
- Taken within the past six months
- 2 X 2 inches in size
The photo should be a front view with a white or off white plain background. If you wear glasses they should not be on in the photo.
Minors Under the age of 16:
U.S. Passport Applications for children under age 16 requires that both parents must be present. If both parents cannot be present the non-attending parent must provide a notarized statement of consent form (DS 3053) and provide a copy of both sides of the identification that is presented to the notary.
Forms can be found here
You must bring with you a check or money order for the US Dept. of State. We cannot accept cash or credit card for the passport payment.
The municipal fees, which are separate from the passport fees, can be paid with cash, check or credit card.