The Mary Moss Playground is located at the corner of John Street and Lytle Street in the Jackson-Witherspoon Historic District. The following improvements are proposed:
· Sprayground with 14 water spray features.
· Playground equipment, including a birds nest swing, swings, spring toy, and composite play structure
· Pavilion with picnic benches
· Stone boulder scramble embankment with a pair of slides
· Ornamental steel perimeter fencing
· Concrete paver and sidewalk surfacing
· Poured in place surfacing around the playground equipment
· Reinforced concrete retaining walls and stairs to support a two-tiered site
· Tree, shrub and groundcover plantings
· Benches, bike racks, drinking fountain, book nook, and other site accessories
· Relocation of the John Street crosswalk from the southern leg of the Lytle Street intersection to the northern leg
· Traffic calming “speed cushions” on John Street
· Sidewalk replacement along the project edges
This project has been awarded to V&K Construction, Inc. of Edison, NJ. Construction is expected to begin in late March 2018 and be complete in July 2018.
Updates to the Mary Moss Park: