Walnut Lane Improvement Closure
The following improvements are proposed for construction in summer 2018:
- Roadway resurfacing
- Storm sewer improvements
- Sidewalk widening on the west side of the roadway
- Shared-use pathway on the east side of the roadway
The project is expected to be completed early September. During this time Walnut Lane will be closed from 7a-5p. Plan alternate route.
Update for week of August 20th:
- On Monday, August 20th , final driveway restoration throughout the project limits is expected to begin at 7:00 am and is anticipated to be completed by the end of Tuesday, August 21st, weather permitting.
- On Monday, August 20th, the remaining pavement base course between Franklin Avenue and Houghton Road will also be installed beginning at 7:00 am.
- On Tuesday, August 21st, the contractor will be completing miscellaneous cleanup work, driveway restoration, and lawn restoration.
- On Wednesday, August 22nd, the final asphalt pavement top course will be installed on Walnut Lane between Valley Road and Hamilton Avenue. All traffic is prohibited while this work is taking place and during the “curing period."
- Hickory Court and Walnut Lane residents shall relocate their vehicles to legal on-street parking spaces on Valley Road, Oakland Street, Guyot Avenue, Franklin Avenue, Houghton Road, or Hawthorne Avenue by 7:00 am if you will require use of your vehicle on Wednesday.
- Street parking on Walnut Lane is prohibited between Valley Road and Hamilton Avenue during work hours the week of August 20th .
More information is available here