Selling your home-What you need to do?
When you sell your house in Princeton there are 3 things that are required for most sellers. All of these forms are available in the links above.
From the Building Department, located at 400 Witherspoon St.
- Construction Records Clearance. Only required for former Princeton Township residents.
- Fees are based on your closing date and when you request the records clearance.
- 11-20 business days out: $35.00
- 6-10 business days out: $70.00
- 1-5 business days out: $125.00
- Payment can be made by check made out to "Princeton" or exact cash only.
If you have further questions feel free to call the Building Department 609-921-7078
Bureau of Fire Safety
From the Bureau of Fire Safety, located at 1 Monument Dr
- The Certificate of Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide Alarm and Kitchen Fire Extinguisher Compliance
- Fees are based on your closing date and when your application is completed. Click here for fees and instructions
- You do not need an inspection or certification if the following exists:
- If the unit is a condo in a multiple-family dwelling (3 or more units in the same building), or
- If the building will be torn down or renovated and there will be no change in occupancy
- In both of these cases the Bureau of Fire Safety will provide a letter from the Fire Official stating no Smoke Detector Certificate is required.
If you have any further questions feel free to call the Bureau of Fire Safety 609-497-7646
From the Sewer Department, located at 1 Monument Dr
- The application for Certification of Proper Connection of Sump Pumps/Roof Drains and other Surface and Ground Water Drains
- The fee for filing an Affidavit of Compliance with the Princeton Sewer Operating Committee (PSOC) is $20.00.
- If the Owner/Applicant requests that the PSOC perform an inspection to certify that the drains are not connected to the sanitary sewer system, a fee of $50.00 will be required at the time of inspection. To schedule this inspection please call 609-497-7639
- Please allow 7-10 business days for this Certification to be complete.