I own a property with three rental units. Does it need to be registered and inspected?

All rental properties should be registered with the Bureau of Rental Housing Inspection. Multiple family dwellings that contain interior common areas, such as hallways, laundry rooms or basements, must have a fire inspection of the common areas once per year.  Please contact the Bureau of Fire Safety for more information. The individual apartments, however, are required to be registered and inspected by the State of New Jersey, Department of Community Affairs.  

Go Back

Reports & Studies

Click learn more to view some of the most important Reports and Studies
Go Now

Sign Up for Emergency Alerts

sign up here