Princeton Battlefield and Stony Brook Settlement
Last Entry Update:
Settled c. 1686-1777, this district was placed on the National Register in 1966, and enlarged in 1972 and in 1989. It contains the site of the Battle of Princeton and includes Battlefield Park and the Stony Brook bridge on Route 206 which are National Historic Landmarks. In 1989 the district was enlarged to encompass the area of Stony Brook settlement established by the first Quakers in the community. These boundaries coincide with the National Registers boundaries. This district has two large buffer zones.