Last Entry Update:
This district (settled in 1834) was significant in regional transportation and commerce from 1834 until 1932. Located along the banks of the Delaware and Raritan Canal, the area quickly developed as a small industrial and shopping center on both sides of the canal in Princeton and West Windsor Townships. Seven nineteenth century frame structures survive on the north and west sides of Basin Street. This local district also has a buffer zone and is only locally designated.