Tammie Tisdale, Tax Collector
For general Tax inquires please email Alex Moise, Tax Clerk
400 Witherspoon Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
9am to 5pm
Tax Billing Update:
In light of the disruption caused by the Coronavirus outbreak, and consistent with guidance provided by the Division of Local Government Services, Princeton has approved the issuance of ESTIMATED 3rd quarter tax bills.
The State of New Jersey has delayed the adoption of their budget, therefore the 2020 certified tax rate will not be available until after the statutory deadline to mail regular tax bills.
Please be advised that Princeton has started to send out estimated 3rd quarter tax bills that will be due Aug 1, 2020 with a 10-day grace period. While this bill is an estimate, it still has the same status as a regular tax bill and may be paid without interest until Aug 10, 2020. After 8/10/20 interest will revert back to 8/1/2020. This quarter does not include a credit for the Homestead Rebate. The state has not issued these amounts to us and we are not sure when or if they will. This quarter does not include a billing for sewer. Sewer billing will be reflected in the 4th quarter for the 3rd & 4th quarter usage.
When the 2020 tax rate for Princeton has been certified by the Mercer County Tax Board, the Tax Collector will then send out reconciled bills for 4th quarter 2020 and 1st and 2nd quarter 2021. This reconciled bill will reflect the TOTAL taxes billed for the calendar year 2020.
Princeton has closed all municipal buildings to the public. Therefore, payments can either be:
- Mailed to 400 Witherspoon St., Attn: Tax Office, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Dropped off in the Police lobby drop box located 1 Valley Rd. Princeton, NJ 08540 which is accessible Monday-Friday
- Paid online www.princetonnj.gov no fee if paid thru your checking account and a 2.65% fee if paid with credit card
Anyone wanting a receipt should include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Please note that the estimated bill format is different from normal bills and will include an insert with additional information.
The Tax Collection Department is responsible for the Billing, Collection, and Enforcement of real estate taxes, sewer charges and special assessments.
- Via mail or in person
- Pay Taxes & Sewer Online
- Click here for Tax/Sewer/Ordinance Inquiry
- Click here for Tax Search Request and also pay the $10.00 fee
Property Tax Relief Programs
- Senior freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement Program) “PTR” 800-882-6597 or 609-292-6400
- Homestead Benefit Program
- Other Property Tax Benefits (Senior Citizens, Disabled Persons and Veterans Deduction)
- Property Tax Relief Programs