Department of Emergency and Safety Services
Department of Emergency & Safety Services
The Department of Emergency & Safety Services is made up of the following departments; Emergency Management, Bureau of Fire Safety, Bureau of Rental Housing Inspection, the Fire Department, and Public Occupational Health & Safety. Our mission: To provide community care taking through prevention, education, preparedness, response and recovery.
- Direct emergency management operations, Facilitate the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Foster coordination, planning, mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery to better prepare the Municipality to respond to the needs of the community when faced with the effects of sever weather and other possible emergencies
- Code compliance through the Fire Bureau of Fire Safety and Bureau of Rental Housing Inspection. Ensure compliance regarding regulations consistent with nationally recognized good practice and enforcement of other NJ Uniform Fire Code along with local Housing and Fire Code ordinances
- Manage the Fire Department which includes the Princeton University Volunteer Firefighter program
- Responsible for facilitating the Safety Committee. Coordinate safety compliance with all municipal departments. Act as the safety representative for Princeton on the Joint Insurance Fund.