Office of the Clerk
The Municipal Clerk serves as secretary to the Princeton Council and is the custodian of all minutes, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, deeds and archival records of the municipality. The Clerk's Office issues dog, liquor, and raffles licenses; music amplification permits; registers voters; and provides general information to the public.
- Serves as secretary of the municipal corporation
- Is custodian of the municipal seal
- Serves as Custodian of Records responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Open Public Records Act (P.L. 2001, c. 404, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq.)
- Prepares Council meeting agendas and records minutes of Council meetings
- Retains the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions
- Serves as the Chief Administrative Officer in all elections held in Princeton
- Serves as Administrative Officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to some other municipal officer.