Park Reservation Information
- Picnic pavilions/areas are available to be reserved at the following parks: Community Park South (covered pavilion), Greenway Meadows, Grover Park, Marquand Park, Smoyer Park and Turning Basin(covered pavilion). Picnic areas at all other locations are available first come first served and may not be reserved.
- Complete the 2023 Facility Request Form to submit a request for one of the picnic locations listed above.
- The Community Park North Amphitheatre may be reserved when not in use for Recreation Department sponsored activities.
- Municipal athletic fields may be available for reservation or drop-in use by the public when not in use for Recreation Department sponsored activities, school groups or other approved youth/adult sports groups. Contact the Recreation Department for more information on the availability of athletic space.
- Municipal playgrounds, basketball courts, the spray pad at Mary Moss Park, park pathways, trails and open space may not be reserved by the public. They are open first come first served unless reserved for Recreation Department activity.
- All organized group usage of municipal parks/facilities must be approved in advance by the Recreation Department.
- Municipal facilities may not be used for the purpose of running fee-based programs and/or trainings or charging admission without approval of the Recreation Commission and/or its assigned agent. Additional fees may apply.
- Princeton residents may not reserve space on behalf of non-resident individuals, companies or organizations.
- Organizations, companies, agencies and schools must provide a certificate of insurance naming the Princeton Recreation Department as additionally insured.
- In order to allow enough time for your application to be processed, please submit your request at least 14 days in advance.
- There are no refunds. However, in the event of inclement weather, you may postpone your reservation to another available date.
- Residents are considered those who reside within the geographical boundaries of Princeton and pay taxes. All individuals/organizations that do not have a physical address located within Princeton are considered non-residents.
Rental Request Form
- To request use of a picnic area at one of the locations listed in Park Reservation Information Item A (see above section) or the Community Park North Amphitheatre, complete the 2023 Facility Request Form.
- All inquiries about athletic field space should be emailed to the Recreation Department.
- Please allow up to 5 business days for a response. Submittal of the request form does not guaranteed approval of your request.
|2023 Rental Rates||Princeton Resident||Non-Resident|
|Picnic Area/Pavilion/CP North Amphitheatre (up to 5 hours)||$40||$80|
|Picnic Area/Pavilion/CP North Amphitheatre (5 or more hours)||$60||$120|
|Hilltop Baseball Field Lights||$40/use||$40/use|
|Athletic Field Prep (if applicable)||$25/use||$25/use|
Other Important Information
- Noise amplification is prohibited without obtaining a Noise Permit (PDF) from the Municipal Clerk's office. Please note that electric hookup is not available at any of our park picnic areas.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in municipal parks.
- Open flame is prohibited at all municipal parks with the exception of the charcoal grill at Turning Basin.
- All municipal parks are open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Restroom facilities are open seasonally (April - early November) at the following municipal parks: Community Park North, Community Park South (portable units only), Farmview Fields, Greenway Meadows, Grover Park, Hilltop Park, Marquand Park (portable unit only) Smoyer Park & Turning Basin (portable units only). Portable units are in place at Community Park North and Hilltop Park from November - March.