Witherspoon St. Improvement Project-Nassau to Green Phase 1
Earle Asphalt Company (Princeton's Contractor), has begun test pitting and various site preparations before starting the sanitary and storm sewer relocations. This schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or project delays and will be updated accordingly. We are issuing weekly alerts with the Construction Update Newsletter. The public is encouraged to sign up for these updates by providing your email address in the top right corner of this webpage.
The water and gas utility construction activity is complete as of April 2022. In order to maintain access to businesses and residences along the corridor, the construction period is expected to last 13 months. The project will be broken into 6 stages.
- Sanitary and Storm Sewer relocations and upgrades (all municipally owned underground services)
After two years of community engagement and design, the construction of pedestrian and roadway improvements on Witherspoon Street between Nassau Street and Green Street will include the following major work activities:
- Underground utility upgrades
- Tree removal and replacement
- Sidewalk removal and expansion
- Roadway surface removal and replacement
- Signal timing updates at the Paul Robeson / Wiggins / Witherspoon intersection