New Residential Trash Program - Feb 2023
NEW TRASH PROGRAM COMING FEBRUARY 2023!
Please visit Princeton's FAQ page for detailed information on our new trash collection program as well our Community Hub Website for up-to-date trash program information.
Your existing trash collection day of the week will not change. Please visit our Trash Collection Schedule By Street to know your collection day.
Residents will receive one new 64-gallon wheeled trash cart for use in a semi-automated trash collection beginning tentatively the week of February 13th, 2023. Once carts are received, only trash placed in these carts will be collected.
Existing trash cans that are no longer needed by residents will be collected for disposal after carts are delivered, on your trash collection day. Please indicate with a note on your old trash cans, "TRASH".
Residential Trash Collection Regulations:
- The trash cart shall weigh no more than 200 pounds with trash.
- Trash in plastic bags or recycling buckets will not be collected. All trash must be in the Princeton trash cart.
- Cart shall be placed curbside (off of the road surface) between 7 PM the night before to 6 AM on the day of collection.
- Empty cart(s) shall be removed from the curbside before 12 midnight on the day of collection.
- Latex paint cans may be disposed of in the trash as long as they are completely dry. Kitty litter or sand can be added to the paint cans to dry it out.
2023 Trash Collection Schedule
Trash is collected weekly by section. When the scheduled collection day occurs on one of the following holidays, pick-up will occur on the date listed below:
- Monday, May 29, 2023 - Collection will be Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023 - Collection will be Wednesday, July 5, 2023
- Monday, September 4, 2023 - Collection will be Tuesday, September 5, 2023
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 - Collection will be Friday, November 24, 2023
Missed Trash Collection
If your trash has not been collected by 7 PM of your scheduled pick-up day please report it online. Please provide the following information with your report:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of the scheduled collection
- Time left at the curb
- Number of containers left at the curb
Please leave your missed trash cart at the curb for collection, unless notified otherwise by the Department of Engineering and Infrastructure Operations.