The house is a 2-story, 3-bay vernacular house facing west to John Street; it has a 1-story rear addition. The house's end gabled roof is clad with asphalt shingles; it has minimal eaves on the sidewalls and rakes on the gable end walls (clad with vinyl). A small brick chimney is located near the north end of the ridge. The frame walls are clad with aluminum siding. Windows are replacement 6x6 double-hung sash units that are aligned vertically and symmetrically. The main (west) elevation has two w two windows on the second floor, aligned over the two windows on the first floor. An oversized portico with a Greek Revival-inspired tympanum supported by two unfluted columns shades the main entrance, a historic door with six inserted lights above the lock rail. A set of concrete steps lea leads down to the grade of the front lawn. The end walls of the core feature two ranks of windows. The house has a stone foundation. The rear addition is a shed-roofed section with the same cladding as the core.
The house was constructed c. 1880. The house appears to be indicated on the historic map of 1890. The house appears as 89 John Street on the historic maps of 1890 and 1898. The house appears on all subsequent maps and aerials.