Large 1.5-story, 4-bay, Dutch Colonial Revival style house in mid-lot. The roof is asphalt shingled end gambrel with distinctive flair over the full-length front porch. House-oriented east. Units are 166 and 168 John Street. Walls are stucco; upper-level dormer and gambrel ends above eaveline are clad with aluminum siding. Windows are replacement 1x1 sash. Across the front is a large shed-roofed monitor dormer with two paired sash units near north and south ends and two side-by-side windows at the center. The first level is under a flared extension of the roof serving as a porch roof. Fenestration: two small sash windows at the center which are flanked by the two units' entrance doors (replacement). Paired units spaced evenly between doors and corners. The porch has masonry sidewalls with brick piers supporting 5 square posts. Two cement stairs reach the grade at the center.
The North end wall shows three evenly spaced sash units at the upper level under gambrel; 1st level has large paired window unit near NE corner and small paired unit near NW corner. Garage opening with additional window units at ground level. South elevation repeats 3 windows under gambrel and two large paired units at 1st level.
Known as water company lot for facility west of the property, this twin house was built between 1911 (not shown on atlas) and 1918 when it does appear.