Interesting twin house (#173 on south-right side and #175 on north-left side) featuring steeply pitched, asphalt shingled, end gabled roof, single stucco-clad chimney centered at the crest, 4-bay width with stucco walls. Fenestration is 1x1 sash windows (all replacements) with 4 symmetrically spaced windows on 1st and 2nd levels. The units' two entrances are near NW and SW corners; doors are replacements. Each entrance has a masonry porch protected by a large gabled hood each supported by 2 squared Tuscan posts. Brick stairs face one another. Exterior in very good condition.
Property shows up for first time on 1890 map; does not appear on 1875 map, thus c. 1880 construction date.