Solterra will collect and dispose of Princeton's residential trash and bulky items for 2021.
- Residential trash must be placed curbside before 6 am on the day of collection or after 6 pm the night prior to collection (off the road surface)
- Residents shall provide their own lidded containers for trash collection. You are allowed a maximum of four plastic or metal lidded containers (with or without wheels), which are 32 gallons or under. (Bins larger than 32 gallons will not be collected.)
- Do not leave trash out in plastic bags or use the recycling buckets. All trash must be in the trash container
- Bins cannot weigh any more than 50 pounds per bin with trash in it
- Empty containers shall be removed from the curb by 12 midnight after collection
- There is a limit of two large bulky items per week in addition to normal household trash. Examples of bulky items include:
- Mattress and/or box spring (these must be wrapped in plastic or they will not be collected)
- A small (2 seat) couch.
- Each bulky item must weigh no more than 50lbs.
- Bulky materials shall be placed curbside (off the road surface and sidewalks) in an area no larger than 6 feet long by 3 feet wide.
- Rugs must be cut into 3' sections and can be no wider than 6" or weigh more than 50 pounds
This collection does not include:
- Appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Automotive parts
- Broken concrete, bricks/pavers
- Building materials
- Computer monitors
- Construction debris
- Electronics and televisions
- Hot tubs, spas, and covers
- Leaves, brush/yard debris, dirt
- Propane Tanks
- Recyclables (See Recycling Schedule)
- Swing sets
2021 Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
When a holiday falls on a scheduled collection day, pick up will be the next day.
- Friday, January 1, 2021 - Collection will be Saturday, January 2, 2021
- Monday, May 31, 2021 - Collection will be Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Sunday, July 4, 2021 - No Change
- Monday, September 6, 2021 - Collection will be Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Thursday, November 25, 2021 - Collection will be Friday, November 26, 2021
- Saturday, December 25, 2021 - No Change
Missed Trash Collection
If your trash has not been collected by 7 pm of your scheduled pick-up day please report it online. Please have the following information when you report this:
- Date of scheduled collection
- Email address
- Number of containers left at curb
- Telephone number
- Time left at the curb
Please leave your missed containers at the curb for collection, unless notified otherwise by the Department of Public Works.